3/8/08

Springsteen in Hamliton

On Monday Night I had the chance to experience Bruce Sprinsteen live. I got a ticket the day of the show from my friend Alissa for free and was beyond excited for the rest of the day at work. We showed up 2 hours before the show to make sure we got in ok and we did not miss any of the set. For a while it seemed like we where the youngest people in all of Copps. On the way out to Hamilton I found out my roomate Steve and my friend Michelle where also coming. We could see them sitting across the arena. Also my friend Derrick was there it was cool to experience Bruce with my good friends (even thou we where nowhere near each other).

When the show started he opened with No Surrender and was really happy then played Radio Nowhere. It sounded way better then the version on the LP. Then they where playing a ton of newish stuff that I am not that familiar with. I was siked to be there but did not know every song he has written. About half way thou the set they started playing the older songs and it turned into one of the best shows ever. Thanks to Alissa for bringing me and thanks to Michelle and Steve for giving us a ride back to Toronto.
Here is the set list I stole from Derricks Blog:

No Surrender
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
Because The Night
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
The River
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

(Encore)
Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Thunder Road
Kitty's Back
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land

I snapped some pictures with my camera that I was not allowed to bring and take pictures with. Don't tell anyone you saw these here. My digital camera sucks and does not zoom that well but I managed a couple ok shots.





No comments: